Cycling and Activities in Kirkby Stephen
Kirkby Stephen is on the Walney to Wear (W2W) - a coast to coast cycling route and the central section of the Pennine Cycleway passes through the town. Visit our Long Distance Cycle Rides page for more information on these routes.
Some great rides can be enjoyed along the quiet highways and byways of the Upper Eden Valley and a free cycling leaflet available from Eden TICs describes five 'Do in a Day' cycle routes' from Kirkby Stephen and Appleby.
- Eden Valley Bridleway Loops - the routes encompass multi-user 84 miles (135km) of dramatic landscape including the Eden Valley Loop
- Platform3Play - indoor soft play centre, Station Yard, Kirkby Stephen
- Tennis and bowls in Kirkby Stephen
- Fishing on the River Eden and its tributaries, the River Belah and Scandal Beck. Permits from Halls Newsagents, Kirkby Stephen
- Golf at Ravenstonedale Riverside Golf Club
- Bessy Beck Trout Fishery - Newbiggin-on-Lune produces some of the best rainbow trout in Cumbria