Great Mell Fell and Little Mell Fell Cycle Route
Set amongst the gentle rolling fells on the northern side of Ullswater, the modest peaks of Great Mell Fell and Little Mell Fell display instantly recognisable profiles. They are surrounded by quiet lanes that loop them at a relatively high level.
This cycle ride follows these lanes circumnavigating Little Mell Fell and nipping in the gap between Great Mell Fell allowing wonderful perspectives of them both and also opening up vistas to all the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Start/finish: Pooley Bridge, GR NY470244
- Distance: 17.3 miles (28km)
- Grade: Medium - Challenge
- Refreshments: Cafés: Pooley Bridge
- Pubs: Pooley Bridge, Dacre
- Shops: Pooley Bridge