Welcome to Eden on the fringe of the Lake District
From 13.05.20, Government guidelines state that people can "exercise outside as many times each day as they wish" and that 'people may drive to outdoor publicly accessible open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there'. People must observe the two metre rule and can only be out alone, with household members or one other person not from the household (whilst observing social distancing).
Within Eden it is important to remember that tourism businesses, accommodation, attractions and sit-in eating places remain closed. No visitors are permitted to stay overnight in any form of accommodation which includes second homes and caravan and camping.
We would ask that both visitors and local communities are respectful to each other and follow the Respect guidance set out below:
Respect our local communities
- Be considerate and don't do things that increase the risk or cause problems for local people, particularly the vulnerable: avoid using paths through farmers' yards; keep your dog on a lead and take your litter home
- Plan ahead and avoid busy places: use www.saferlakes.co.uk to park safely and considerately and avoid the more popular destinations
- Bring your own food and drink to avoid pressure on local shops
- Consider the lack of toilet and washing facilities and don't behave in an anti-social manner
Respect the risk
- Cumbria continues to record new cases of the virus every day and the threat has not gone away
- Don't take risks on the fells, on the water or on the roads. Stay within the limits of your ability and equipment at all times
- If you get into trouble help may take longer to arrive and you will put unnecessary additional pressure on local health and emergency workers as well as volunteer mountain rescue and coastal rescue services
Respect the rules
- Observe all the Government's social distancing rules
- No overnight stays, no camping, no visiting second homes
- Avoid crowds
- Wash your hands regularly
Please ensure that if you decide to come you will adhere to the Government guidelines.