Boredale and Eastern Flanks of Ullswater
Tucked away behind Place Fell the Boredale bridleway is a well established classic mountain bike descent. The normal way of doing it is as a brief loop around Place Fell but with judicious use of the Ullswater 'Steamers' as a link, a neat route can be worked out from either Pooley Bridge or Glenridding that takes in the Boredale descent and for added value includes the equally classic descent from Moor Divock to Howtown.
There is a steep ascent to Boredale Hause at the start of the ride and there are a couple of brief technical passages so this ride falls squarely into the experienced riders remit, but if you have ridden the rough stuff before and have bags of enthusiasm then this is the route for you.
- Start: Glenridding Steamer pier car park, GR NY389169
- Finish: Pooley Bridge car park, GR NY470244
- Distance: 18.6 miles (30km)
- Grade: Medium - Challenge
- Refreshments: Cafes: Glenridding, Patterdale, Pooley Bridge
- Pubs: Glenridding, Patterdale, Pooley Bridge, Howtown
Shops: Glenridding, Patterdale, Pooley Bridge
Download this Cycle Route and Map: