Eden Tourism Summit
2020 Virtual Eden Tourism Summit - ‘Rethinking Tourism in a Changing Environment’
The 2020 Eden Tourism Summit took place virtually via Microsoft Teams on the morning of Wednesday 14 October 10am to 12noon with the theme of ‘Rethinking Tourism in a Changing Environment.’
The 2020 Summit was free to attend - Eden District Council covered the costs bearing in mind the challenging time for operators.
This 2020 Summit was a morning session only and we hoped to address the current challenging issues in a practical and positive interactive manner as we move forward in these unprecedented times.
The Summit was chaired by Jim Walker, Chair of the Eden Tourism Network with a welcome by Councillor Mary Robinson, Economies and Enterprise Portfolio Holder and Deputy Leader of Eden District Council. Our Joint Tourism Managers, Jessica Goodfellow and Sally Hemsley also talked about plans moving forward.
Speaker presentations from the Summit are available:
- Kurt Janson - Director, The Tourism Alliance - Coronavirus Update: October 2020
- Helen Tate - Research Manager, Cumbria Tourism - Tourism Research: October 2020
- Jane Hasell-McCosh, Dalemain Mansion and Historic Gardens - Dalemain Presentation: October 2020
- Judi Blakeburn, Brand Director, Another Place, The Lake - Another Place Presentation: October 2020
Previous Eden Tourism Summits:
- 2019: North Lakes Hotel and Spa, Penrith
- 2018: Shap Wells Hotel
- 2017: Askham Hall, near Penrith
- 2016: Tebay Services Hotel, Near Orton, Penrith
- 2015: Appleby Manor Country House Hotel, Appleby
- 2014: The Inn on the Lake, Ullswater
- 2013: Center Parcs, Penrith
- 2012: Lowther Castle and Gardens, near Penrith
Presentations from previous summits are available on request.
For more information contact the Eden Tourism Team:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7YG