Eden Valley Ride
Across the valley floor and along its undulating sides, courtesy of stone bridges over the Eden and Lyvennet rivers (and numerous becks that feed them), this ride has excellent views to the eye-catching contours of the North Pennines and distant Lakeland fells.
Picturesque Dufton and Morland villages in particular provide refreshment stops, and there's the option of a short riverside walk at Acorn Bank Gardens.
- Partly on the Pennine Cycleway (68) and National Route 71
- Start/finish: Appleby TIC in the town centre (pay and display car park is signed)
- Distance: 26.7 miles (43km)
- Grade: Long
- Hard (all on road)
- Refreshments: Shop/tearoom and pub in Dufton; tea room at Acorn Bank Gardens (National Trust); hotels in Temple Sowerby; café and pub in Morland; pub in King's Meaburn
- Public loos: Appleby, Dufton
Download this cycle route and map:
Appleby Tourist Information Centre, Moot Hall, Boroughgate
Telephone: 017683 51177
Penrith Tourist Information Centre, Middlegate, Penrith
Telephone: 01768 867466