Cycling and Activities in Kirkby Stephen
Kirkby Stephen is on the Walney to Wear (W2W) - a coast to coast cycling route and the central section of the Pennine Cycleway passes through the town. A short spur from the Eden Valley Circular Cycle route reaches Kirkby Stephen and the Cumbria Cycle Way passes through too.
Some great rides can be enjoyed along the quiet highways and byways of the Upper Eden Valley and a free cycling leaflet available from Eden TICs describes five "Do in a Day" cycle routes from Kirkby Stephen and Appleby.
- Stonetrail Holidays, Ravenstonedale offer pre-booked mountain bike riding, bike hire and horse riding (for experienced riders)
- Eden Valley Bridleway Loops
- Platform3Play - indoor soft play centre, Station Yard, Kirkby Stephen
- Tennis and bowls in Kirkby Stephen
- Fishing on the River Eden and its tributaries, the River Belah and Scandal Beck. Permits from Halls Newsagents, Kirkby Stephen
- Golf at Ravenstonedale Riverside Golf Club
- Bessy Beck Trout Farm, Newbiggin-on-Lune