Pedal southwards, rising gradually to the open limestone farmland between Cumbria's High Fells and the Eden Valley. Then freewheel down to the River Lyvennet and the charming limestone villages which mark its course.
Don't worry if the ford at Kings Meaburn looks too formidable: there's a footbridge next to it! Brougham Hall is an alternative start point.
- Start/finish: Sandgate Car Park or Brougham Hall
- Distance: 30.5 miles (49km) Short cut option marked on map
- Grade: Long-Moderate, all on-road except short track under A66
- Refreshments: Cafes: Abbott Lodge Ice Cream Farm, Brougham Hall
- Pubs: Crosby Ravensworth, Great Strickland, Kings Meaburn
- Public loos: Penrith and Brougham Hall