Penrith Tourist Information Centre
Our friendly and knowledgeable team are here to help you make the most of your visit and can provide you with all you need to know about where to stay, where to eat, plus things to do and how to get here.
Come and visit us when you are here, you can be assured of a warm welcome!
Contact Penrith Tourist Information Centre:
- Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give us a call: 01768 867466
- Call in and see us: Middlegate, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7PT
Summer Opening Hours:
|Monday to Saturday||10am to 5pm|
|Sunday||11am to 4pm|
Quality Assured Accommodation and Booking - We are able to make bookings for Quality Assured accommodation on your behalf (10% booking deposit based on full stay applies.) So if time is short, or you have a particular requirement why not let us do the hard work for you? We also offer the National Book a Bed Ahead (BABA) service.
Comprehensive local, regional and national Information Service - We stock a range of guides, leaflets and information on Eden, including local town guides and leaflets, walking and cycling leaflets, local bus/train timetables, maps and event and attraction information. We also have information on other areas of Cumbria, The Lake District, Hadrian's Wall and other UK holiday destinations.
OS Explorer and Landranger maps - We sell a large range of maps and are stockists of OS Explorer and Landranger covering the whole of the UK.
Cumbria Attraction Tickets on sale - Save money on Cumbria Attraction tickets by purchasing them through us! Official discounted tickets will save you pounds off the gate prices. Available for many venues including Dalemain Mansion and Historic Gardens, Lowther Castle and Gardens, Ullswater 'Steamers' and the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.
Tickets on sale for 2017 Penrith Players' Productions:
- Communicating Doors - 7 to 10 June
- Junior Players: Surgical Sensations at St Sennapods - 28 to 30 June
- Duet for One - 24 to 26 August
- God of Carnage - 18 to 21 October
- Toad of Toad Hall - 6 to 9 December
Wannasee Tribute Festival Tickets 25 to 27 August
Penrith TIC now has early bird tickets in for this year's Wannasee Festival at Hutton in the Forest:
- W/e Adult: £29
- W/e 14 to 18 years: £15
- Under 14's: FREE
- Camping from £5 per night
Full details and tickets on sale at: www.wannaseefestival.com. Live music entertainment at its best and every band you 'wannasee' - in one great weekend!
What else does the TIC have to offer?
- Wide range of guides, books and souvenirs on sale - A wide selection of local guides, DVD's and books are on sale in the TIC. The TIC now stocks a range of gifts including Mugs, Tea Towels, Lake District Calendars and Romneys Kendal Mint Cake - as taken to the Summit of Everest in 1953!
An exciting range of mugs, coasters, placemats and greetings cards featuring local landmarks including Penrith Castle, the Beacon and the Musgrave Monument are on sale. Mail Order available subject to postage and packing charges.
- MyCumbria Card - MyCumbria cards are available in Penrith TIC. MyCumbria is the exciting membership scheme run by Cumbria Tourism exclusively residents of Cumbria and those who work within our county. The card entitles you to a whole range of fantastic deals, offers and discounts across the whole county for an entire year.
- National Theatre Tokens - Official agents for National Theatre Tokens - the perfect gift, whatever the occasion!
- National Express and Eurolines Ticket Agency - We sell tickets to hundreds of exciting destinations served by National Express and Eurolines coaches. National Express have a number coach services that stop at Penrith, allowing easy travel to other parts of the UK and into Europe. Travelling to London? Two coach services run to the capital every 24 hours.
- Secure Cycle Storage Lockers - Available for cyclists to store their bikes whilst visiting the town. Lockers cost £1.50 for up to 3 hours hire and £3 for up to 24 hours hire. To hire please contact the TIC. Alternative locker facilities are available in Penrith at Penrith Leisure Centre.
- Penrith Pound - Penrith Pound is a gift voucher scheme (managed by Penrith BID) to be spent at participating retailers only, within Penrith. The vouchers are used to purchase goods up to, or above the face value of the voucher. Penrith Pounds can be purchased from Penrith TIC.
- We supply Disability Rights UK National Key Scheme Keys (keys for accessible toilets). This national system offers independent access to disabled people to around 9,000 locked public toilets around the country. Disabled toilets are available in Bluebell Lane, Castle Park and Sandgate.
- Co-Wheels Car Club: Save money by booking via Penrith TIC - Co-Wheels is the only independently-owned national car club, providing low emission, hybrid and electric cars on a pay-as-you-go basis for organisations and communities across the UK. A Co-Wheels car can be picked up from Penrith Station and if you book your hire car in advance via Penrith TIC using a special promotional code you will receive a special £10 membership deal, no monthly fee plus a £5 driving credit (normally £25 and £5 monthly fee).
Sign up online via http://www.co-wheels.org.uk/join and enter the special promotional code VCHPPTIC to receive your special membership deal. You can also book your Co-Wheels car in person at Penrith TIC - but please be aware that cars are subject to availability. Penrith TIC can provide details of other car hire companies too.
- Access to Tourist Information Centre: Level access to information desk.
A useful town map with further information on Car and Coach Parking in Penrith is available, plus more details of the disc parking scheme which operates in the town. Parking discs are available from the TIC and local shops and cafes in the town.