Welcome to the Visit Eden Trade pages
Support for businesses during Coronavirus
A message from the Eden Tourism Team
The Eden Tourism team are still responding to phone calls and emails as quickly as we can. This is an unprecedented time for all of us and we are here to support as best we can.
Our Coronavirus Useful sources of latest information webpage has information for businesses and our social media channels will also continue to provide further updates.
Our colleagues at Cumbria Tourism are continuing to lobby the Government for further financial support. The Cumbria Tourism Resource Hub is available for practical information on business support.
The Eden Tourism Team
Latest Government Guidelines:
On 23 June the Government announced changes to the guidelines regarding the tourism and hospitality industry in England.
From 4 July 2020
- The 2m rule will reduce to 1m plus
- People in England will be allowed to meet one other household indoors (subject to social distancing)
- Hotels, B&Bs, campsites, caravan parks, other self-contained accommodation, pubs, restaurants and museums are allowed to open indoor and outdoor services with safety procedures in place
As we wait for the 4 July and the changes to come into effect, the current guidelines continue to remain in place:
Government guidelines state that people can "exercise outside as many times each day as they wish" and that 'people may drive to outdoor publicly accessible open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there'. People must observe the two metre rule and can only be out alone, with household members or one other person not from the household, or in a group of six people (whilst observing social distancing.)
Our webpage Make the most of your visit to Eden and plan ahead includes useful information about your visit.
We would ask that both visitors and local communities are respectful to each other and follow the Respect guidance set out below:
Respect our local communities
- Be considerate and don't do things that increase the risk or cause problems for local people, particularly the vulnerable: avoid using paths through farmers' yards; keep your dog on a lead and take your litter home
- Plan ahead and avoid busy places: use saferlakes.co.uk to park safely and considerately and avoid the more popular destinations
- Bring your own food and drink to avoid pressure on local shops
- Consider the lack of toilet and washing facilities and don't behave in an anti-social manner
- Respect the risk
- Cumbria continues to record new cases of the virus every day and the threat has not gone away
- Don't take risks on the fells, on the water or on the roads. Stay within the limits of your ability and equipment at all times
- If you get into trouble help may take longer to arrive and you will put unnecessary additional pressure on local health and emergency workers as well as volunteer mountain rescue and coastal rescue services
- Respect the rules
- Observe all the Government's social distancing rules
- No overnight stays, no camping, no visiting second homes
- Avoid crowds
- Wash your hands regularly
Please ensure that if you decide to come you will adhere to the Government guidelines.
Welcome to the Visit Eden Trade pages, a hub of information for Eden tourism businesses
Here you will find details on what we do to promote Eden as a world-class visitor destination and to champion and support our Eden tourism businesses.
Visit this section regularly for details of opportunities that you can be part of, including marketing campaigns, training, networking and lots more.