Tourist Information Centre Provision in Eden
Local Tourism businesses are encouraged to get to know the staff at their local centre. Staff have a good knowledge of your business or service to pass onto visitors.
Tourist Information Centres (TICs) can be found at:
Visitor Information Points (VIPs) can be found at:
In addition, tourist information is provided in Kirkby Stephen at the Upper Eden Visitor Centre.
Insight into Penrith TIC
Penrith TIC is Eden District Council's flagship TIC. Penrith TIC is the largest centre in Eden serving as a gateway centre to promote Penrith, the Eden Valley, Cumbria and beyond. The staff welcome thousands of visitors and local people every year, enabling them to explore, discover and enjoy all that Eden has to offer.
Key TIC Services offered by Penrith TIC:
- Stock local and regional tourism literature and information
- Accommodation Enquiry and Booking service using the Cumbria Destination Management System (DMS)
- Public transport information and Official National Express Coach Agency
- Box office for local/regional events including Penrith Playhouse, Theatre by the Lake
- Retail - sale of books, dvds and local souvenirs and Official stockist of Ordnance Survey Maps covering the UK
- Signposting businesses to advice and support on tourism related enquiries
Get to know your local TIC
Please continue to support your local TIC - they are there to help and support your business!
For more information contact the Eden Tourism Team:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7YG