Tourism Research and Eden Visitor Numbers
We part commission STEAM (Scarborough Tourism Economic Activity Monitor) research to show the value and volume of tourism in Eden. The 2019 headline figures for Eden are available as an Infogram which is available from us free of charge.
Looking at the 2020 STEAM figures we can see that the Covid pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on Eden's tourism industry.
2020 STEAM research:
- 2.52 million tourism visits to Eden
- Between them, these visitors brought in £199.4 million to Eden’s economy
- Tourism provided employment for 2,592 full time equivalent (FTE) posts
This was a fall of 51% in tourist numbers and a decrease of 49% in direct expenditure and economic impact.
2019 STEAM research:
- 5.14 million tourism visits to Eden (an increase of 1.6% on 2018)
- A massive £390.7 million (up 6.9% on 2018) being generated within the local economy through visitor and tourism business expenditure
- Tourism accounted for 4,722 full time equivalent (FTE) posts (an increase of 1.8% on 2018).
2018 STEAM research:
- 5.06 million tourism visits (an increase of 1.3% on 2017)
- A massive £365.4 million (up 8.6% on 2017) being generated within the local economy through visitor and tourism business expenditure
- Tourism accounted for 4,639 full time equivalent (FTE) posts (an increase of 3.7% on 2017).
Cumbria Tourism can provide further research figures for Cumbria, for more information please visit the research section of their website.
For more information contact the Eden Tourism Team:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7YG