English Tourism Week in Eden
English Tourism Week is a national week-long celebration of events showcasing the quality and vibrancy of the English tourism industry organised by VisitEngland.
During the week, there are a wide variety of local and national events, discounts and special offers being made available by tourism businesses around the country.
Locally in Eden
Each year, the Eden Tourism Team organises events to launch English Tourism Week in Eden, aimed at highlighting the importance of the tourism industry to Eden's local economy. The week also provides an excellent promotional opportunity for participating local businesses as the week's activities are widely promoted by Eden Tourism and VisitEngland.
How can local businesses and organisations get involved?
- Organise your own event to celebrate the week
- Promote special offers to visitors and locals during the week
- Devise an English Tourism Week specially themed product
- Offer your business, venue or organisation for the local launch or as a venue for the Eden tourism Team staff to "Go back to the Floor/Behind the Scenes
- Download the English Tourism Week Toolkit and submit your events and special offers
Our Eden English Tourism Week launch events have included:
- 2020: Due to COVID-19, English Tourism Week in 2020 focussed on engagement with Government, MPs and other stakeholders, to support the recovery of English tourism and raise awareness of the importance, quality and value of the sector to the UK economy
- 2019: Showcasing the wealth of outdoor activities that Eden has to offer
- 2018: Encouraging safe walking with Kirkby Stephen Mountain Rescue Team and Trainee Search and Rescue Dog Kaiya
- 2017: Lady Penelope Cobham CBE, Chairman of VisitEngland and David Curtis-Brignell, Chairman of VisitEngland's English Tourism Week Committee celebrate Eden's Food and Drink at a special reception at Sharrow Bay Hotel
- 2016: Lady Penelope Cobham CBE, Chairman of VisitEngland launching English Tourism Week in Eden and enjoying a tour of Eden's heritage sites including Brougham Hall and Brougham Castle to highlight the importance of heritage attractions as part of the Eden tourism product.
- 2015: A celebration of the importance of pubs are to the area's vibrant tourism economy with Brigid Simmonds, Chief Executive of British Beer and Pub Association and Tim Page, Chief Executive of Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA)
- 2014: Focusing on the local tourism industry's ability to meet the needs of visitors with disabilities
- 2013: Focusing on electric bikes in a bid to demonstrate how accessible the area is using this eco-friendly transport
- The Eden Tourism Team take part in 'back to the floor' events at local attractions and B&Bs
For more information contact the Eden Tourism Team:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7YG