Exploring Ullswater North Western Fells
The north western side of Ullswater is a mixture of low rolling fells interspersed with picturesque hamlets. Criss-crossing this quiet corner of the Lake District is a network of lanes and fell roads. This tour takes in all the best corners and provides, at every turn, fascinating and far reaching views. Amongst the many highlights are a full side view of the mighty Blencathra with its distinct ridges and gills, and the flashing glimpse of Ullswater as you free wheel down the A5091 from Dockray.
- Start: Pooley Bridge car park GR NY470244
- Finish: Glenridding steamer pier car park,
- GR NY389169
- Distance: 13 miles (21km)
- Grade: Medium - Challenge
- Refreshments: Cafes: Pooley Bridge, Aira Force, Glenridding
- Pubs: Pooley Bridge, Dacre, Glenridding
- Shops: Pooley Bridge, Glenridding
The start and finish are linked by taking a cruise on the Ullswater 'Steamer' the full length of the Lake.