Plans for Pooley Bridge reach another milestone
The contract for building the new Pooley Bridge has been awarded by Cumbria County Council to Eric Wright Civil Engineering Ltd.
The final design is innovative and is the only single span bridge of this type in the country. The final cost will be in the region of £5 million and work is currently scheduled to start on site in May 2019, with a target completion date around late Spring/early Summer 2020, but this completion date will be subject to factors such as the weather.
The detailed design work has now been substantially completed and the target dates for the project are as follows:
- March 2019 - Bridge construction Contract Award
- May 2019 - Start enabling works in Pooley and around the bridge (Temporary road bridge remains open)
- September 2019 - Remove temporary road bridge
- October 2019 to April 2020 - Construct permanent road bridge
- Late Spring/early summer 2020 - Open permanent road bridge
More information about the new Pooley Bridge project including the new "Routes in and Out of Pooley Bridge" leaflet, which will be useful for tourism businesses to pass onto their guests and visitors can be found on www.cumbria.gov.uk/pooleybridge Here you will also find information from previous stakeholder events, newsletters and upcoming construction events.