Events and Exploring in Penrith
- May Day Carnival, Penrith town centre
- Penrith Agricultural Show, Brougham, near Penrith (July)
- Potfest in the Park, Hutton-in-the-Forest, near Penrith (July)
- Kendal Calling Music Festival, Lowther near Penrith (July)
- Potfest in the Pens, Penrith Auction Mart (August)
- The Winter Droving Festival (late October) Featuring fire, masks, music, food and mayhem the Winter Droving is a celebration of all things rural, magical, traditional and fun
Throughout the year: Penrith Farmers' Market, held on the third Tuesday of the month (March to December) in Market Square. Penrith Parkrun held every Saturday morning at Frenchfield Sports Centre.
For more information on any of these events, please visit our Events listing.
Exploring Penrith with...
One hour to spare:
Explore famous landmarks around the town with a self-guided trail available from the Tourist Information Centre.
Afterwards, relax with a drink or a bite to eat in one of the town's many pubs or eateries.
Two hours to spare:
Half a day to spare:
Combine visiting the town with an invigorating walk up Penrith Beacon with views over to the Lake District mountains. Discover more of the area's past by visiting nearby Brougham Castle and Brougham Hall, taking in King Arthur's Round Table and Mayburgh Henge along the way.